Monday, September 12, 2011

FOR THE LOVE OF VINTAGE

Oh how I love & adore old things. Old cars, old clothes, anything that has lived a long life should be celebrated!

I had the joy of working with Victoria this summer to capture HER love of old. A truly beautiful vintage inspired wedding at Beaulieu Gardens.

The talented ladies at MAP Events choreographed a flawless event and it was all captured perfectly with the amazing Gia Canali with her dreamy images. The food was impeccable as usual when working with Paula LeDuc Fine Catering. Perfection!

Victoria wanted to translate organic, relaxed, and elegance....all with touches from the past. I was able to use mercury glass vessels and candle holders to set the backdrop for her floral palette. Delicious, textural arrangements consisting of peonies, garden roses, stock, millet, fuzzy quince fruits, orchids, dusty miller foliage, pierus, with hints of fresh mint and scabiosa pods. What a gift to work with such scrumptious flowers!

My goal is always to compliment the surroundings, not compete with it. Victoria chose the ideal space for her wedding and the decor was paired perfectly with the gorgeous estate.

Looking back on this whirlwind wedding season, I feel honored to have played a small part in her wedding, as I do with all of my lovely brides.

Here's looking forward to many more beautiful wedding and remembering the past....and our love of the old while celebrating new marriages in bloom!

Creativity is Blooming!

1 comment:

aduarte3201 said...

Is this actually dusty miller? The leaves look fuller to me. Like lamb's ear??
let me know please
duarte_annette@yahoo.com